Followers

Lagoon

So last Thursday, we had a ward Lagoon day. After much pondering I decided I really did want to go even if I had to take time off work (and use my precious PTO). I've always loved Lagoon and have enjoyed going to few times I have. I will be honest I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gone. Given my age now, I've come to know what kinds of rides I really do enjoy and those I don't particularly.

Thankfully I've never gone on a ride where I feel like this -
afterwards. So it isn't a matter of getting sick. This time around I realized what it really is is that I hate the rides where there is the feeling of anticipation of a fall. I HATE that feeling. For example then I HATE the Rocket and refuse to go on it anymore. I've been on it before and I just don't enjoy it. Last year I refused to go on Wicked because it has a huge straight down drop after a big upward climb

and I figured that was similar.

This year I let myself be talked into riding on Wicked. Lets just say that rarely can I be talked int something. That says alot for the people I was with :P However, I was "pleasantly" surprised when the ride started that it wasn't a slow climb and a sudden drop as I had thought but rather you speed up the incline and then down as well. Thus, no feeling of anticipation because it all happens so fast. So it was favorite ride but I did agree to go on it again.

It also makes me laugh when they change a ride because I like to know what to expect. The Cliffhanger has always been one of my favorite rides. And last time I rode it, if you picked a dry seat your chances of getting wet were pretty minimal. I even told this to the lady in line in front of use who asked....LOL....needless to say this is what we looked like after this ride -
We basically looked like we had gone SWIMMING! They had totally changed the ride so if you sat on the front row you got soaked regardless. It was quite funny. I was glad we had just ridden Rattlesnake Rapids so I was already wet so to get a little wetter wasn't a huge deal.

Overall it was a great trip - sadly I did take my camera but didn't take any pictures because I didn't want to be carrying it around on rides. But I had a great group to hang with and we had alot of fun!
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment