Followers

Do I Trust God Or Not?

This is what it all comes down to - when life is hard, when I can't understand something, when I think THIS way has got to be the better way I have to ask myself -

Do I trust God or not?

Sometimes I get so frustrated by life or feel bogged down by how things are. I really feel President Hinckley best summed up what life is like:

“Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride”

When there are delays, sidetracks, smoke, etc. do I have enough faith to trust God, that those things are a necessary part of life?  And while the difficulties may be the larger part of the journey, the beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed will make a large part of the difficulties worth it. And for those it doesn't, can I trust Him that at the end of this mortal journey, when I can see the big picture I will be able to easily say, "Yes it was all worth it."


I've also been thinking alot about trusting God when there are things in the gospel vs the world or human nature that I don't understand or cannot explain. I don't understand why exactly the priesthood was restricted from black men. I don't know why some people love those of their same gender. I don't understand why exactly plural marriage was commanded in the early days of the Church and why exactly Joseph Smith Jr married some of the women he did.

The thing is, there will always be things to cause us to question. We will never understand everything especially things in history since we are applying our knowledge and understanding of now. We also are finite beings that cannot comprehend all of the things of God at this time.

Will all things be revealed at some point?  Yes

Will it all be clear? Yes

Do we have to live by faith now? Yes

And this is where it matters in asking yourself - Do I trust God or not?
Category: 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment