Followers

Fun and Other Things

I know I need to get my next post done for my "life history" but I'm going to take a quick commercial break because I know how much we all LOVE commercials:) Hopefully, this "commercial" will be on the same level as those great Super Bowl ads rather than the duds.

First some fun things I've done lately -

#1 - Went to the Tulip Festival on Saturday. I've never been to the festival and even though it was rainy and a little cold and windy at times it was alot of fun and the gardens at Thanksgiving Point really are beautiful. Tulips with pointy ends are probably my favorite type to look at -

However, I couldn't get over the weirdest type of tulips they had (I had to look them up to know what type of tulip they are). These "beauties" are called parrot tulips -


So weird but fascinating at the same time. In addition to being able to walk around the beautiful gardens, a friend was performing as part of the festival so I got to hear her play. She is amazing so you should check out her stuff by clicking here - kattingey.com. And it was great because the rain and wind stopped and held off for the entire time she played. All in all, it ended up being a great way to spend a couple hours of my Saturday!
#2 - Also on Saturday, I finally went and saw the Hunger Games. I've read all the books but I have been waiting until the craze died down before I went to see it. I was very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it and felt they did a good job adapting the book to the movie. There were some funny parts, tense parts, heart wrenching parts, and a couple where I couldn't look at the screen. But it kept me glued and I was totally engrossed so I'm looking forward to the next one, unlike a certain other series that went from bad to worse.


#3 - For those of you who know me, you may or may not realize that one thing I've never been into is crafts. I don't consider myself very "crafty" or creative. Lately though for some reason I've had a greater desire to do something crafty. However, knowing my limitations I tried to find crafts that I felt I could do and actually have them turn out. So for two Saturdays, a couple of my sisters, and sister-in-laws worked on some Easter crafts. Here is what we did (sadly I don't have pictures yet of the actual ones we did but here is an idea) -

Both turned out better than expected, at least for me so I was very pleasantly surprised and a little bit more willing to do crafts in the future.

And lastly,somethingI just don't understand. If you understand this, let me know

 One-ply toilet paper. I DO NOT understand the use of one-ply toilet paper. I know most business, schools, etc use this stuff but I don't see how it saves money given the fact you have to use at least DOUBLE the amount for it to even serve it's purpose. Someone needs to do a study and see if it really is more cost effective because I don't see how it could be.

Well folks, that has been my fun for the last few weeks. Hopefully you enjoyed this little break :P
Category: 1 comments

1 comment:

Meg said...

1) I like you.
2) I've been kind of obsessing over attending the tulip festival. Don't know if I'll make (sister getting married soon and everything else) so I'm so glad that you did!
3) I'm proud of you for doing something you weren't sure about. I enjoy doing things I know I'm awful at. Takes away all the pressure of wanting to do it well.

Post a Comment